ATTORNEY AT LAW
Nathan Lee represents individuals and businesses in civil litigation and in state and federal white collar criminal prosecutions, including those involving business and real estate fraud, customs fraud, securities violations, health care fraud, tax fraud and false claims fraud and criminal forfeiture. He has participated in the representation of clients during criminal investigations, throughout the criminal discovery process, at pretrial evidentiary hearings and preparation for trial.
Nathan has been part of the litigation team in a variety of cases and actively participated in the successful trial of a federal qui tam action in the Central District of California. He has regularly and personally participated in the selection and vetting of experts in complex federal cases, using his research skills to secure the services of strong expert testimony and the gathering of materials to challenge the expertise of the firm's opposition experts.
Before joining Segal & Associates and his admission to the Bar, Nathan worked at Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara, where his excellent communication skills earned him a supervisory role and personal success in the business world. He decided to become an attorney and started his practice at Segal & Associates by focusing on a variety of research and writing projects, including motions, and is particularly skilled at analyzing enormous amounts of documents and witness statements.
His work on the firm's litigation teams has been highly praised by co-counsel and clients, with whom he has successfully interacted.
Languages: English, Cantonese
• He has prepared winning motions in federal court on behalf of the firm's clients.
• Participated with counsel in the preparation for trial of a complex qui tam False Claims Act case and managed the evidence and briefed the applicable law.
• He has analyzed and distilled hundreds of transactions in a complex tax case and prepared the case for trial and motions.
• As part of the trial team, has defended corporations, officers, employees, and professionals in federal and state litigation, including securities fraud, criminal forfeiture, and business fraud.
• He has worked with the firm's litigation team representing public officials in state and federal investigations and prosecutions involving alleged misconduct in office.
• Prepared numerous pleadings and motions, and defended motions, in multi-year complex state civil litigation.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 05/2018
- Honors: With Distinction
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- Major: Business Administration with a Concentration in Management
- White Collar Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions
- Medical and Medicare Fraud
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Witkin Award Recipient Regarding Federal Income Taxation, Taxation of Real Estate Transactions, Labor Law, and Natural Resources Law
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
Current Employment Position