ATTORNEY AT LAW
Rebecca Ferguson defends individuals and businesses in state and federal white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions, including those involving tax fraud, health care fraud, mail and wire fraud, mortgage and bank fraud, forfeiture, and occupational regulatory violations. She represents clients during criminal investigations, throughout the criminal discovery process, at pretrial evidentiary hearings, at trial and on post-conviction direct appeals. Through her hard work and dedication, Rebecca has been named Super Lawyers, Rising Star.
Before joining Segal & Associates out of law school, Rebecca worked at Law Offices of Tony J. Tanke where she assisted this solo practitioner with a variety of research and writing projects, including motions, requests for judicial notice, appellate briefs, and academic papers. Rebecca also assisted in the organization and management of a legal and historical conference that brought together nearly 20 scholars and practitioners from five different countries.
Prior to working as a law clerk, Rebecca was a legal intern for the California Department of Justice Correctional Law Section and a legal assistant at Wilke, Fleury, Hoffelt, Gould & Birney.
During her studies at Mills College, Rebecca reviewed, edited and formatted research papers for their publication, and conducted independent research on a variety of issues regarding economics and public policy. She also served as an office assistant for the campus facility.
• Defended corporations, officers, employees and professionals in federal and state litigation, including securities fraud and business fraud.
• Represented multi-national and regional corporations in defense of alleged customs fraud, transfers of regulated products and administrative penalty investigations.
• Represented elected and appointed officials in federal, legislative and administrative investigations and prosecutions involving alleged misconduct in office.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Honors: Trial Practice Honors Board Member
- Honors: King Hall Women’s Law Association Co-Chair
- Honors: King Hall Budget Policy Committee Class of 2015 Representative
- Honors: Recipient of the Editor Excellence Award
- Honors: Witkin Award Recipient regarding Mediation and Feminist Legal Theory
- Mills College
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Recipient of the Mills College Presidential Scholarship
- Honors: Recipient of the Marion Ross Merit Scholarship
- Major: Economics
- White Collar Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions
- Complex Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019-2022
- Federal Bar Association
- California Attorney for Criminal Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Women Lawyers
Current Employment Position
- Law Offices of Tony J. Tanke
- California Department of Justice Correctional Law Section, Legal Intern
- Wilke, Fleury, Hoffelt, Gould & Birney, Legal Assistant